As digitization has already hit the technology market a long time back and has become a part and parcel of our everyday life, we are getting dependent on it. Over the years, the demand from the user’s end has increased. To satisfy the need mobile application developers are also experimenting with new methods.
Implementing these methods and overseeing their success rate will help them to take businesses to a new height. Innovative designs and user-friendliness of mobile applications leverage industries across online businesses. Mobile application development has many stages. Developers find this troublesome sometimes.
There are two platforms that mobile application developers prefer to use while building any mobile application. The platforms are native application development and cross-platform development. Let’s take a deep dive into the basics and performance of these two platforms.
An Overview of Native Application Development
Native application development is tailored explicitly for mobile operating systems like Android and iOS applications development . Designed for the specific operating systems, they cannot overlook the already defined guidelines. These guidelines can meet the engagement requirements of iOS applications.
- A native application can access the components in the device, and provide exceptional speed.
- A native application has the feature of working offline, and it can sync with the device immediately after the internet is back.
- Each operating system has its defined guidelines and native application can easily get connected with it.
- The applications execute and run faster on this platform; therefore, it offers much better application performance.
- Users will reveal enhanced image quality if the applications are built on a Native platform. The reason behind this is the requisite aspect ratio.
- The cost is much higher for native applications and developers have to invest money separately for building iOS and Android app development.
- The process of application development on the native platform is quite time-consuming. Companies have to hire application developers for these two platforms.
An Overview of Cross-Platform applications
The unique factor of this platform is that developers use single source code for this. So, single source code is used across different platforms while developing mobile applications with cross-platform applications. The operating systems iOS and Android are taking almost 100% of the global market share. Enterprises of all scales prefer using cross-platform applications for developing mobile applications as it is compatible with both operating systems, Android and iOS.
- Cross-platform development is simpler to use and maintain. The reason behind this is the use of a single codebase.
- The development cost of cross-platform is significantly lower than the other platform.
- You can easily integrate cross-platform applications with the cloud and other applications.
- You can stay up to date with the ongoing trends in the market.
- Sometimes it lacks creditability when it comes to performing at its highest efficiency.
- You can find difficulties and complexities while building an advanced level of application solutions.
Your user experience and other different interface components stay unscratched if you are using a native platform by using its ultimate potential. Whereas, developers tend to find slight difficulty when considering the performance of cross-platform applications or hybrid app development. Therefore, you need to select the right platform to meet your mobile application development requirements resulting in an acceleration of the revenue of your business.